Friday, September 3, 2010
Once again, it's Friday, why not kick off the last weekend before school starts with a bang! And if the kids have already started school, time to celebrate for what was hopefully a smooth transition.
1. Let's start off with a great deal and a Labor Day Celebration at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia. In celebration of Labor Day, enjoy FREE admission from Saturday, September 3rd through Monday September 6th from 10am to 3pm. Children can also make crafts such a patriotic hats as they say good bye to the summer in style. Nice. For more information, click here.
2. After the National Constitution Center you might want to hop on over to Franklin Square and join in on their Labor Day celebration. Their celebrations are fit for kids including a Sill Bandz trading event with special Philly Bandz, including the Liberty Bell, LOVE statue and many others. Also take a ride on the Lightning Bolt Express Train, a fun train around the square.
3. Live entertainment, music, games, contests, international cuisine and much more? Sounds like a fun day at The Great Allentown Fair, in Allentown Pa. Running from August 30th to September 6th the fair is fun for all ages.
4.Desperate for more fireworks? Head on out to Longwood Gardens Sunday September 5th for their last Fireworks and Fountains display of the season. Get ready for a memorable evening of oohs and aahs as Longwood Gardens always puts on a spectacular show. Fireworks go off at 8:15pm. Click here for more information.
5. Get in gear for school with Backpack Attack at the Garden State Discovery Museum. Be the coolest kid in the class with these crafts! Learn fun ways to top your pencils,mark pages in your book, label your backpack and much much more. Backpack Attack runs Saturday, September 3rd through Monday September 6th from noon to 3pm.
6. You're getting ready for school, might as well celebrate the end of summer with fun at the End of Summer Bash at the Elmwood Zoo.Saturday, September 4th from 11am to 3pm, say good bye to sumer with a cook out and special activities for kids, including a moon bounce. Check their website for more information.
*Don't forget, expecting a baby? Bring the big sister and/ or big brother by Michael's Craft stores nationwide to make a welcome canvas for the new addition. Call the store near you to confirm participation.
*Lakeshore Learning store Free Craft for kids on Saturday September 3rd from 11am to 3pm. This week, all about me pop up, filled with children's favorite things. Check their website for a location near you.
Know of anything family friendly going on around town I didn't mention?
Leave a comment below!