Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wordless Wednesday:Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania

If you are making a trip up to the Strasburg Railroad in Lancaster, make it a day. The area is not short of things to do, from The Red Caboose Inn to The Choo Choo Barn, there is plenty to do and see. The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is right across the street from the Strasburg Railroad and is a must for you and your little train enthusiast. The museum is home to more than 100 locomotives and rail cars on display. My son walked into the building with his cousin (pictured below) and his eyes widened and his face was the picture of utter excitement. 
He loved every second. Here are some pictures from the Museum.

















For more information, click here.

20 comments:

  1. lovely shots. that must have been fun. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that to be able to shovel coal Wow! They are such strong little guys. Thats a might enormous shovel for arms their size! Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  3. They totally look excited! My kids would love that! We did the Museum of Play in Rochester, it was awesome too! Happy WW! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks AWESOME!!
    Amanda @ Ramblings of an Empty Mind

    ReplyDelete
  5. DH is a few decades older. His eyes were glowing at your photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun interactive place to visit. Thanks for sharing and linkin up for WW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a super cool railway museum.. I'm sure my boys would love visiting such a place. They can even put coal into the furnace of the train!!
    Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun trip. I bet it was pretty exciting for you little one and his cousin. If I go up that way I am going to have to remember to make it a trip. Thanks for the idea.

    xo, Supermom Alysha

    p.s. I would love to inivite you to join my Wordish Wednsday linky so head on over if you get a chance so you can join the fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw another picture of the museum and couldn't figure out where it was! Thanks for all the extra photos and info!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oohh, my son would have loved that too. What is it with boys and trains?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool! I bet your son and his cousin loved it...I know my three year old nephew would too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these trains are GREAT!!!! I bet that was a great day for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like so much fun! Dustyn would love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing quite like the combination of kids and trains, is there. Looks like they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your son and his little cousin look really happy. What an exciting trip for the whole family !
    Besos from Spain ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! How cool is that! They look like they had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun!! Nice blog! I'm following!

    Thanks for the Linky and happy WW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, those trains look SOOOOO cool!!

    ReplyDelete