Friday, October 1, 2010
Don't let the fact that summer is over put a downer on the Fun. Fall is here and it's time to celebrate. Here is my list to of the top 5 things to do this weekend.
1. Autumn is here, why not celebrate with a Autumn Moon Hayride at Linvilla Orchards in Media, Pa. Every weekend throughout October, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 5:30pm to 8pm, enjoy a hayride, followed by a bonfire, marshmallow roasting and apple cider. Throw in some hot chocolate and you've got yourself a deal? Sounds like fun. While you are there, enjoy a Hay ride to the witches house! This isn't your regular witches house, this one is the friendly witches house in the woods. This witch tells stories, jokes and gives the kids a treat. Now that's my kind of witch. Don't let the fun stop at the Hay rides and the Witches house. October is a big month for Linvilla. Throughout the entire month of October, Linvilla becomes Pumpkin Land with over 100 tons of pumpkins on display. Pick yours for the carving and enjoy straw bale and corn mazes,hayrides, trains and pony rides. Did someone say trains? For more information, click here.
2. F is for Fall and Fun. Why not enjoy fall at the Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation in Media Pa? Saturday is Fall Fun Day. From noon to 4:00pm. Children can enjoy a hay slide, corn husk doll making,sack races, bean bag toss and much much more.
3. Get ready for Halloween with the Garden State Discovery Museum. This weekend, Saturday and Sunday from noon to 3:00pm they'll have stories, crafts and games to release your inner monster and learn that all monsters are not bad. And every Saturday in October is is the Creature Feature at 6:30pm. This Saturday see Monsters, Inc. For a list of other showing and more information, check their website.
4. Halloween seems to be a theme in October and every weekend in October it's Beast Feast at the Philly Zoo. Kids are the only ones getting the treats, watch as the animals receive special treats provided buy local farms in the Zoos "Buy Local" campaign.
5. Seems like Autumn is a popular theme! Celebrate Autumn in North Wales with the Montgomeryville Autumn Festival at the Windlestrae Park from 10:00am to 4:00pm. There will be inflatables, amusements,hay rides, pumpkin picking and decorating, a petting zoo, a corn maze, music, vendors, crafts and much much more.
6. Join The Little Treehouse in Chestnut Hill for First Fridays. On the first Friday of the month, come for dinner, and kids are just $5 AND they play for free! Nice Deal! Plus, their Jazz Series continues in October, join them for dinner Saturdays at 6:00pm for an evening of live music on the Treehouse Terrace.
Here's a savings tip: Take a trip to the Crayola Factory in an October weekend, and every family member that wears a costume receives $7 admission and a safe trick-or-treating place for kids at the various exhibits. Also, visitors who bring a decorated, uncarved pumpkin receive $1 off their admission. I wonder if you can combine the two? hummm.......