It's here once again, and thanks goodness. This Friday couldn't have come soon enough. Well, let's take advantage of the beautiful fall weather upon us and make Friday, a fun day. Once again, here are my top 5 things to do in the area, in no particular order.
1. Lansdale Farmers Market. I love a good Farmers Market and Saturday, October 23rd, from 9am to 1pm, it' Fall Festival time at the Lansdale Farmer's Market. Enjoy pumpkin painting, food, Hay Rides, a Halloween hunt and much much more. Make sure the kids wear their costumes, because from 1pm to 3pm, kick off Halloween by trick or treating with local businesses on Main Street, Pavillion, Ralph's Corner and Hill crest Shopping Center.
2. We have been to this event every year and have always had a great time rain or shine. Philadelphia Zoo is holding their annual Boo at the Zoo.. Wear your scariest costume or not, and trick or treat your way around the Philadelphia Zoo. Enjoy plenty of treats, crafts, games, music and stories along the way. Nice. Boo at the Zoo, takes place this weekend Saturday, October 23rd and Sunday, October 24th from 10am to 4pm. For more information, click here.
(Pictured is George and Sophia with daddy at Boo at the Zoo in 2007)
3. There are some great things going on at the Garden State Discovery Museum this weekend. Kicking off on Friday, October 22nd with their Fairy Ball from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Enjoy this magical ball filled with sweets and surprises, for all the prince and princesses of the land, and their parents. The ball is complete with horse drawn carriage rides, dancing, jewelry making and more. The admission is $20 for members and $25 for non members/$5 for parents. Advance payment and reservations is required. From fairies to beasts, join the Discovery Museum in their Creature Feature Saturday, October 23rd at 6:30. Enjoy a showing of Beauty and the Beast in their large screen theater complete with popcorn.
4. Stop by the Camden Adventure Aquarium where even the sea creatures are getting in to the Halloween Spirit. The aquarium's annual Creep in the Deep will be in full swing Friday, October 22nd through Sunday October 24th, from 9:30am to 5pm. Creep in the Deep includes Halloween decorations, a swimming skeleton and a ghost ship that appears to sail through a misty wall in the Shark Realm exhibit, hippos munching on pumpkins, sea's and penguins bobbing for pumpkins and much much more.
5. The Philadelphia Zoo isn't the only Zoo with safe trick or treating. Hop on over to the Elmwood Zoo this weekend from 6pm to 9pm and enjoy their annual Nightmare at Elmwood. The even will feature multiple candy stations throughout the Zoo such as Decomposition Trail, Graveyard of Extinction, Mad Scientist Laboratory, Pirates Cove and much more. Do have little ones who may not be into the scary stuff, their little boo at the zoo will be held on October 31st from 11am to1pm. Be sure not to miss their "not-so-scary" story tie in the Zoobowl theater and a costume parade.
Join me on Monday for a look ahead to events going on through out the week. Is there somewhere you've been or something you'd like to advertise? Drop me a note at email@example.com and I'll make sure to get your event in.
Don't forget to enter my Strasburg Railroad giveaway. One lucky entrant will win a family 4pk of tickets to the Strasburg Railroad's Day Out with Thomas in November. Giveaway ends 10/28. Click here to enter.