1. Hop on over to Linvilla Orchards in Media, Pa for their Sweet Corn and Blackberry Festival with Pirates and Princesses on Saturday July 24th. Come down to the Orchards for some family style fun and bring you little ones dressed in their best pirates and princess costumes. Pick fresh corn and blackberries or join them in the scavenger hunt. There will be plenty to do including, real pony rides, face painting, playground, hayrides, the Farm Market, the Linvilla Grill and musical entertainment from Makin' Music. Sweet Corn and Blackberries, Oh My!
2. Cars and trains in one spot? Can't beat it. Join the Strasburg Railroad in their Rolling Antique and Auto Show & Run Saturday from 10am to 3pm. Be a part of this interactive auto show as they feature cars on display and in action as the race alongside the powerful steam engine. No need to buy a special ticket for this event, just buy a ticket to ride. My son would F-L-I-P!
3. When my daughter wakes up and immediately asks, "Whose birthday is it?" like she asks most mornings, I can finally have an answer. It's Smith Play Place in the Park's 111th Birthday! And you can go help them celebrate on Saturday from 10am to 3pm. This party comes complete with face painting, bubble making, summer crafts, dedication of their new garden, and of course...birthday cake.Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Smith Play Place in the Park! Happy Birthday to you!
4. Watch as you favorite characters come alive at the Storybook Celebration Family Festival at the Camden Children's Garden Saturday and Sunday from 12pm to 4pm. Browse through the many fairy tale themed exhibits and join them for book crafts, readings, of children's classics. Also, visit the Giant's Garden to plant your own seeds to take home. Admission is $6 for adults and $5 for children.
5. Looking for something easy and FREE to do? Don't forget about the Free kids crafts at Lakeshore Learning Store. This Saturday from 11am to 3pm, make a super cool summer fan. Check out their website for locations and information.
6. Lowes Home Improvement Stores nation wide are holding their Build and Grow Clincs for kids. Hop on over Saturday and build a UFO which comes complete with stickers and a blinking light. And please tell your child, no aliens are included. But what is included is if you participate in a Build and Grow Clinic you receive a coupon for free junior size frosty from Wendy's! Nice!
7. Don't forget today, there are great ways to catch free movies in Montgomery County. In Hatfield, free family movie kicks off at 8:00pm at the Hatfield Community Park on Chestnut St. In Lansdale, catch a free movie at 2:00pm at the Lansdale Public Library. Today, Flushed Away. I've always wanted to see that one. The free movies at the library happen on Fridays throughout the summer. Looking for something to do before the movie. Take the kids to an early morning at the Upper Gwynedd Park a.k.a Castle Park, before it gets hot and then take them over to the gazebo for a weekly Friday story time, by Miss Lisa, from Lansdale Library. Sounds Cute.
Also: Live in Camden County, Free Music at Haddon Lake Park by The Paisley Pickles, "Yummy music for the whole family" this Saturday, music kicks off at 10:30am. And stop on over to Wiggins Park and take in the sights, sounds and hopefully food, of the 10th annual South Jersey Carribean Carnival, this Saturday from noon to 8pm.
Looking at the week ahead:
Take advantage of the Target Community Night at the Franklin Institute, Wednesday July 28th from 5pm to 8pm, enjoy extended hours and FREE admission to the museum, along with Free IMAX, Free Observatory, Free Planetarium, Free 3D shows, and FREE live Science shows. Gotta love Free. Now only if there was free parking? hummmm...... Can't make this one, don't fret, there will be monthly Target Community Nights through out the year the next one is August 18th. Check out their website for more information.
Don't forget to take advantage of the Free movies at the Regal Theatres and Frank Theatres and $1 movies at AMC Theatres across the country! Check out their websites for locations and a schedule of showings.
Here's a tip: After the free movie at Franks Theatre in Montgomeryville, stop by the Imagination Playzone in the Montgomeryville mall, pay to play ($9 per child) and they'll treat your kid to free pizza! Can't beat that. Free pizza for kids will be available until 2pm on days after the movie.
Another tip: After you go to the free movie at the Moorestown Mall's Regal Theatre, head on over to Chick-Fil-A across the street for the buy one, get one free kids meal deal.
Check out the weekly Milk and Cookies children's variety show Monday and Tuesday in Ardomore and Bryn Mawr. For more information
Know of any events happening you want to advertise or tell others about? Leave a comment, I'll post about it and give you props along the way!