It's Friday! So why not make it Fun Friday?
Here are my picks for things to do this weekend, in no particular order!
Drum roll please.....
1. Attend a Farmers Market. Nothing better than this season and the fresh fruit and vegetables it brings. Some of my favorite Farmer's Markets are the Lansdale Farmers Market and the Collingswood Farmers Market and I'm sure there are a bunch of good ones in between. Nothing like fresh corn on the cob, roasted eggplant and grilled zucchini on the grill! It's making my mouth water just thinking about it! Where is your favorite Farmer's Market in the area?
2. The 4th of July may be over but the fireworks are still going strong Longwood Gardens in Kennet Square, Pa. The oohing and the aahing kicks off at 9:15pm. Make it a day and enjoy their Summer Barbeque Feast from 3:00pm to 9:00pm. Savor made to order burgers and other picnic favorites before the show. The barbecue is extra, check the website for pricing but the fireworks are included in admission, children 4 and under are free, ages 5-18-$6 and adults-$16. If this is a place you may go more than once, it may be worth it to buy the yearly membership. A family pass for two adults and all the children in the house hold under the age of 18 will run you $105. For a family of 4, this pass pays itself back in less than 3 visits! not bad!
3. And how many Blueberry Pies can you eat? Why not find out at the Linvilla Blueberry Festival in Media, Pa. If blueberry pies aren't your thing, no worries, the festival will also include a children's concert by the award-winning Makin' Music crew, costumed character appearances, live animals from the Philadelphia Zoo's Zoo on Wheels, a hoe down,Hay rides, face painting and much much more!
Rain date 7/11.
4. Now I notice a theme here?! Why not hop on down to the Camden Children's Gardens in Camden NJ on Saturday and Sunday, and celebrate New Jersey's Star fruit with BlueBEARy Blast and celebrate NJ Day. Children can join Mum the bear as they do planting projects, crafts and other activities as they celebrate this very delicious fruit. You just want to eat the blueberry treats? Don't worry! Families will have plenty yummy berry treats to choose from at the Blueberry concession stand.
5. The Merchantville Car Show. I'm a little partial to this one, so if it were in order this may be the number one, sorry blueberry festival and Longwood Gardens. I don't know if it is because we live here or we love the look on my kids faces as they browse through the streets and see the hundreds of cars, (about 800 this year). We count down and look forward to this event every year, and miss it when it's gone. We browse through the streets, with music that tacks us back to the 50's and 60's, while the kids eat the yummy kettle corn from the vendor that comes every year. There are tons of people, tons of cars and tons of yummy things to buy. So if you live, even an hour away, most the people and their cars come from further, I'd definitely recommend it.
Bonus: Today is Cow Appreciation Aay at Chick-Fil-A! Dress like a cow and receive a free combo meal, kids receive a free kids meal. You don't have to do anything fancy either, they have a costume starter kit you can print out on their website! Here's another easy idea, dress the kids in white and use construction paper to tape on black spots and paws. You can use face paint for the cow's face or hop on over to your local craft store for one of those foam animal hats that cost $1.Worth it for a FREE meal.
Do you know of something going on this weekend, perfect for families that you'd like to add?
Leave a comment below. I'll blog about it, and give you props along the way!